The lack of a functional education system in Liberia, West Africa, has impacted the lives of many, and this includes children who are from underprivileged backgrounds. Currently, one in every six adults in Liberia is illiterate. Approximately 95% of students in Liberia are computer illiterate because government-run schools provide no access to computers or functioning libraries or the means to assist students who cannot afford tuition. These numbers are staggering, and H.E.A.L Inc. has decided to play a vital role in helping to alleviate the burden.
H.E.A.L EDUCATES is a program developed to provide educational resources and scholarships to assist orphans and underprivileged children in the communities with dire needs.
WHO BENEFITS FROM THIS PROGRAM?
H.E.A.L Inc. will partner with schools or organizations that are in the communities that cater to orphans and underprivileged children, that have inadequate or no resources essential for learning.
Due to the immense disparity between schools in Monrovia, the capital city of Liberia, and those outside the city, H.E.A.L Inc. will focus on schools and organizations working outside the capital city. Through a stringent assessment process, H.E.A.L. Inc will select schools or organizations to partner with annually through a memorandum of understanding. With the limited resources available to our organization, we can maximize the funding we receive, and focus on schools or organizations that serve mainly orphans and underprivileged children.
WHAT RESOURCES WILL BE PROVIDED TO A CHOSEN SCHOOL OR ORGANIZATION?
Construction functional library room(s).
Scholarships to students
The partnership and projects will be managed and implemented by H.E.A.L Inc. Liberia (Project Management Team in Liberia), with instructions and guidance from H.E.A.L Inc.
- An assessment will be implemented using physical inspection of facilities, and a completed questionnaire to be forwarded to H.E.A.L Inc. for review and approval.
- H.E.A.L Inc. will make the final decision on the school organization to be selected for the annual project.
- H.E.A.L Inc. Liberia will monitor, implement, evaluate activities, and report to the H.E.A.L Inc.
- After a school is selected, a certain number of scholarships will be awarded for the year after a rigorous vetting process.
- The scholarship recipients’ academic standards will be reviewed at the end of each school year to determine eligibility for the following year.